Choosing a moving company can sometimes feel like you are taking a shot in the dark. Prices can vary greatly as can service. Here are a few tips to make sure you book with the right company to meet not only your budget but your expectations.
- Get Recommendations: Start by asking friends and family if they have had any firsthand experience with movers in your area. Word of mouth is the best way to get honest info on how a company performed.
- Due Initial Screening: Not all moving companies are created equal. The internet is a great resource to study up on not only what companies can provide but how they have been providing it.
- Look for reviews: You can search google, yellow pages, yelp and the BBB to see what other customers just like you have been saying about their experiences with different movers.
- Contact the company: Once you have settled on a few companies, it is best to contact them and speak to a representative to begin discussing the parameters of your move. Talk to a few companies and make sure to ask each one the same questions to get an apples to apples comparison.
- Making a decision: Once you have information on pricing and availability. You can put that together with the research you have done before hand to make a practical decision on which company you will use to safely transport your belongings.